Just like all good things, auto transmissions don’t last forever. To avoid surprises on your repair bills, it is important to know how your vehicle’s transmission is doing and when it may need repairs. Some transmission problems are easier to catch than others. However, we can perform regular inspections for you at Bimmer Rescue in Richmond, VA.
Here are some of the top symptoms that indicate you need transmission repairs:
- Challenge Shifting Gears - Gear shifting issues are a huge red flag that your transmission is failing. If your car, SUV, or truck hesitates in between gears or even falls out of gear, please have your vehicle inspected by a professional mechanic immediately.
- Grinding Noises - Grinding sounds are usually always your gears. When the gears aren’t lubricated, they can cause your vehicle to shake as well.
- Burning Smells - A burning smell coming from your transmission can mean that your car is in jeopardy. When there is excessive friction within your transmission, it can cause overheating.
- Red Fluid Leak - If you notice a red fluid puddle underneath your car, there’s a good likelihood that it is a transmission fluid leak. This is one of the first signs that you may notice.
- Warning Light - In most cases, the check engine light or a transmission-specific light or message will appear on your dash to let you know that the transmission system is in trouble.
If you need transmission maintenance or repairs, we can take care of your vehicle from start to finish. At Bimmer Rescue, we don’t believe in letting your transmission go unnoticed. If you notice any of the signs above, we invite you to our auto repair shop in Richmond, VA.
Make An Appointment